500 gm/1lb chicken breast fillet
Juice of 1 lemon
1½ tsp salt
1 tsp garlic, coarsely chopped
1tsp ginger, coarsely chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp turmeric
1½ tsp chilli powder
4 tbsp oil
2 small onions cut into quarters
2 medium capsicums cut into 5cm/2″ pieces
1 tsp Garam Masala
- Dice the chicken in cubes.
- Put Lemon Juice and salt on the chicken
- Mix well and set aside.
- Mix the garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric and chilli powder in an electric blender (or use garlic/ginger paste).
- Pour the lemon juice from the chicken into the spice mix
- Add a little water (approx ½ cup) and blend to a smooth paste.
- Add this to the chicken and mix well
- Leave for two hours or preferably overnight.
- Fry the onions over a medium heat until well browned.
- Add the Garam Masala and fry for a minute.
- Add the capsicum and fry for a further 4 minutes on low/medium heat.
- Tip this into a dish for later
- Heat more oil in the pan
- Place the chicken in the pan
- Fry it over high heat.
- Lower the heat and let the chicken cook till tender.
- When cooked add the vegetables
- Mix well
- Cook for 2-3 minutes more
- Serve with Naan bread or pulao rice