3 large beef tomatoes
1 red onion (optional)
½ red or green pepper or ¼ of each (optional)
½ lb. feta cheese (sheep’s ideally)
¼ lb. black olives
Extra virgin olive oil
White wine vinegar
Oregano (fresh or dried)
- Deseed the tomatoes and cucumber
- Cut the cucumber in chunks
- Chop the tomato in large chunks
- Slice the onion and pepper(s) finely
- Dice the feta (although in Greece in it common to have the feta served as a slab laid on top of all the other ingredients.)
- Put all ingredients in a bowl.
- (Lay the feta on top)
- Sprinkle a little oregano over.
- Serve the oil and vinegar separately, allowing each person to pour on as much or as little of each as required.