Chunks of creamy aubergine in a cumin and tomato sauce contrast well with the fresh flavours of a yoghurt and coriander topping.
2 aubergines, cut into 2cm dice
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp tomato puree
2 tsp white vinegar
300g Greek yoghurt
½ bunch coriander, chopped
- Put the spices in a dry frying pan
- Heat at a moderate temperature until fragrant.
- Add a dash of vegetable oil
- Fry the aubergine until golden.
- Add the tomato puree
- Deglaze with the vinegar.
- Whisk the yoghurt
- Dollop the yogurt over the aubergine
- Sprinkle generously with coriander.