Leftover roast chicken
120g/¼ lb diced bacon
½ red pepper
120g/¼ lb frozen peas
2 heaped tsp cornflour
- Remove and reserve any/all the chicken meat.
- Put the carcase and any other bits (skin, bones, etc.) into a saucepan
- Just cover this with water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for an hour.
- When done, drain thoroughly and discard the carcase debris
- Dice and boil the potatoes, just covered with water, keeping the potatoes in the water when done
- Soften the chopped leeks in olive oil
- Add the diced bacon/lardons
- Add the chopped red pepper
- Add the chicken stock
- Add the potatoes in their water
- Add peas
- Mix cornflour with cold water and add
- Bring to the boil and then simmer, covered, for half an hour, stirring occasionally to stop sticking
- Add the cooked chicken meat just before serving
- Serve with crusty bread