Tart made by our good friend Sue
200gm/7oz shortbread biscuits, crushed
75gm/3oz unsalted butter
1½ tbsp caster sugar
85gm 3½oz dark chocolate
50gm/2oz milk chocolate
125gm/4oz smooth peanut butter
600ml/1pt double cream
4tbsp caster sugar
2tbsp caramel sauce
To decorate – any combinations of: whipped cream, grated chocolate, bananas, caramel sauce, chopped salted peanuts
- Crush the biscuits in a bowl
- Melt the butter with the 1½ tbsp caster sugar in a saucepan
- Add to the crushed biscuits.
- Press evenly into a 20sm/8″ flan tin.
- Spoon the peanut butter into a mixing bowl with the sugar
- Gradually beat in the caramel sauce and half the cream.
- Spread over the biscuit base
- Chill until firm.
- Heat the other half of the double cream to simmering point
- Add the chopped chocolate.
- Leave for 1 minute
- Stir until smooth.
- Cool slightly
- Pour over the peanut butter layer.
- Chill until set.
- Decorate as desired.