For each sandwich
100g/3 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp olive oil
Pinch dried rosemary
Pinch dried sage
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 tsp whole grain mustard
2 slices rustic, artisan bread, ½-¾ ” wide
¼ cup coarsely grated Gruyère cheese
Pinch Herbes de Provence
¼ pt Béchamel sauce
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Pour olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add mushrooms with rosemary and sage.
- Cook until mushrooms are browned, about 5-6 min, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Stir the mustard into the béchamel sauce
- Spread béchamel on one side of each slice of bread, making sure to spread it from corner to corner on each slice.
- Place the bread on the prepared baking sheet.
- Top 1 slice with the mushrooms and some grated cheese.
- Put the remaining béchamel-coated bread slice, béchamel side up, on top of the mushroom/cheese mix.
- Top the sandwich with remaining cheese and sprinkle with Herbes de Provence.
- For extra luxury drizzle with some cream
- Bake in oven pre-heated to 220°C until cheese is melted and tops are starting to crisp, about 10 min.
- If you want the top to be more crispy brown, put under the grill for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.