1kg/2lb aubergine, sliced thickly (15 mm)
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
10 g salt
Tomato curry (with finely chopped tomatoes)
1 tbsp. thick Greek yogurt
1 tbsp. Double cream
1 clove garlic, minced
- Slice the aubergine thickly
- Make a criss-cross pattern on top
- Mix the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric, chilli and salt to a thick paste with a little water or lemon juice
- Spread some paste on the cut surface of each aubergine slice
- Leave to marinate for a few minutes
- Mix together the yogurt, cream and garlic in a small bowl.
- Pan fry the aubergine slices on both sides.
- Put 1 tbsp. tomato curry on top of each slice
- Top with the cream mixture and finely chopped coriander.
- Serve hot