1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
( . . . . . . . . or use a jar of ready roasted red peppers)
1½ cloves garlic, sliced
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp chopped fresh basil
½ tsp chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
- Place the whole red, green and yellow peppers in the oven preheated to 200°C. directly on the rack.
- Roast for about 15 minutes, turning if needed, until the skin is well scorched.
- Immediately place in a bowl covered with plastic wrap or in a paper bag, and allow to cool.
- Remove the skins from the peppers by rubbing with your hands
- Rinse under cold water.
- Cut in half
- Remove stem and seeds
- Cut into strips.
- Mix together the garlic, vinegar, oil, basil, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the peppers and stir well to coat
- If necessary transfer to a serving dish
- Serve at room temperature