100g/½ cup extra virgin olive oil,
250ml/8 fl oz chicken stock
Salt and black pepper
Few stems of thyme.
- Peel the potatoes (it’s best to use floury ones).
- Cut them into thin even slices.
- Peel and cut the onion also into thin slices.
- If you want you can use a special cutter for this.
- Spread half of the oil on an oven tray
- Put layers of potatoes and onion on it.
- Season each layer and sprinkle on the thyme.
- Finish with a layer of potatoes
- Cover with the stock and the rest of the olive oil
- Cover with a sheet of aluminium foil.
- Bake in the oven pre-heated to 180ºC for an hour
- Remove aluminium foil
- Leave to cook for a further 30 minutes, until the potatoes are very soft and the surface is golden and crunchy.