2kg/5 lb leg of lamb
Around 10 cloves of garlic sliced into slivers
6 or 7 sprigs of fresh rosemary chopped or 1 tsp of dried
1 tsp of dried oregano
¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 cup of red dry wine
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- With a sharp knife make 1 inch slices all over the lamb.
- Insert garlic slivers into each and every incision.
- Rub the leg all over with olive oil.
- Rub the leg all over with the oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- Place lamb on a roasting pan.
- Pour wine over lamb
- Roast for around an hour and a half turning lamb once.