This is at its absolute best tomorrow, if you can wait that long!
1 lb. minced turkey or beef
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed or sliced
1 red pepper, diced
2 green chillies, sliced
1 large tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp. tomato puree
½ tbsp. anchovy paste
1 tbsp. sun-dried tomato paste
2 large tins pinto or borlotti beans (kidney beans at a push)
grated mild cheddar cheese
- Fry the mince , chopping it up with a spatula. Pour off any excess fat.
- Add the onion, red pepper and green chillies. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, puree and pastes, topping up with water.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with grated mild cheddar and sour cream.