1 tbsp. olive oil
1 large potato
120g/¼ lb. ham or bacon, diced
1 onion chopped
1 red, orange or green pepper chopped
- Cut the potato into thick chips then cut the chips into dice
- Dry the potatoes with kitchen towel
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over high heat
- When hot, add the potatoes
- When they start to sizzle, reduce the heat
- Leave to cook through for 10-15 minutes
- When cooked, turn up the heat to brown them
- Tip them onto a small plate for later
- Add more oil to the pan and reheat
- Fry onion in the second pan for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the peppers.
- Fry for 5 minutes.
- Tip onto the potatoes
- Put the bacon in the pan
- Fry for 3-4 minutes
- Add the vegetables and mix well
- Whisk eggs with a fork in a bowl
- Sprinkle in some chilli flakes and season well
- Turn up the heat
- Pour eggs onto cooked ingredients.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally and scraping cooked egg off the base and mixing it in.
- Place a large plate upside down on top of the pan and, taking care not to burn th fingers, turn the whole thing upside down so that the omelette upends onto the plate
- Alternatively just share it with a friend straight out of the pan