2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
juice of ½ lime
½ tsp. garlic powder
wheat tortillas (warmed in the microwave)
(large lettuce leaves – romaine or iceberg – if you don’t want carbs)
crème fraîche/sour cream or cream cheese
- Make the marinade by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Put the chicken/steaks in marinade in a shallow dish for ½ hour
- Before starting make sure everything needed to serve is on the table
- Heat a large frying pan or skillet.
- Pour on oil and heat till smoking.
- Fry vegetables for 10-15 minutes turning frequently till cooked.
- Remove to a dish
- Heat more oil in the same pan.
- Fry chicken for 20-30 minutes till cooked through (steak 4-5 minutes each side).
- Remove each in turn to a board and cut lengthways in slices
- If chicken still pink inside cook for longer till pinkness goes
- Put vegetables back in pan and mix well, allowing a few more minutes cooking.
- Place the pan directly on the table to serve (making sure something properly heat-resistant is underneath).
- Help yourself from pan.
- Eat the meat and vegetables wrapped in tortillas garnished with guacamole, salsa, grated cheese and soured cream or crème fraîche.
- (Lay a tortilla (or lettuce leaf) flat on a plate, place a portion of meat and vegetables in the centre but don’t overfill. Fold the side nearest to you over the mixture then bring the two sides up to overlap – this stops the filling dropping out the bottom.)