2 tbsp grated fresh lemon zest
3 tbsp lemon juice
10 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp hot pepper flakes
½ tsp salt
1kg/2lb chicken pieces
- In large glass bowl, mix together all ingredients except chicken.
- Add chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally; can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours if you want to make it ahead.
- Reserving marinade, place chicken, skin side down, on a greased grill over medium heat; (or in the oven)
- Close lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn and brush with marinade;
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
- For a less spicy version, replace above marinade with Portuguese Paprika Marinade: 1/3 cup dry white wine, 1 tsp grated lemon zest, 3 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp paprika, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp hot pepper sauce, and 2 cloves of garlic, minced.