568ml pot double cream
250g tub mascarpone
75ml marsala wine
5 tbsp golden caster sugar
300ml strong coffee made with 2 tbsp coffee granules and 300ml boiling water
200g pack sponge fingers
25g chunk dark chocolate
2 tsp cocoa powder
- Put the cream, mascarpone, Marsala and sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk until the cream and mascarpone have completely combined and have the consistency of thickly whipped cream.
- Get your serving dish ready.
- Put the coffee into a shallow dish.
- Dip in a few sponge fingers at a time, turning for a few seconds until they are nicely soaked, but not soggy.
- Layer these into your dish until you have used half the biscuits
- Spread over half of the creamy mixture.
- Using the coarse side of the grater, grate over most of the chocolate.
- Then repeat the layers, finishing with the creamy layer.
- Cover and chill for a few hrs or overnight.
- This can now be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- To serve, dust with cocoa powder and grate over the remainder of the chocolate.